Friday, January 10, 2014

Chapters 9-11 Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson


Interactive Journal Assignment:
Fever 1793 is full of figurative language.  Locate 2 examples for each chapter (there are many, many similes) and record them in your interactive journal.  Be sure to include how the examples of figurative language add meaning to the story or how does it helps you to understand what you are reading.  

Challenge:
The writing is also very poetic.  Find an example of a poetic passage and share it in your journal.
Here is an example from Ch.3 #14.

She had been a cradle friend,
The girl I played dolls with.
We sang nonsense songs together.
We churned butter,
My small hands and Polly’s
Together
On the handle of the churn.
I took a deep breath.
And closed my eyes.
Dead? Polly’s dead?
Our Polly?
The sweat on my neck turned to ice.
I shivered.
That can’t be.


From Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment